Monday, September 1, 2008

Don't (Cold) Call it a Comeback...

"It's been a long time
I shouldn't left you
Without a dope line to step to
Think of how many weak shows you slept through
Times up I'm sorry I kept you..." -Rakim

This was/ is one of my favorite flows of all time from probably one of the greatest rappers of all time, Rakim- of Eric B. & Rakim (just my opinion before you throw the rocks at me)

Of course, I am dating myself here because Eric B. & Rakim goes back to the 80's... and I was in my teens for most of them. At any rate, I felt like this would be a good announcement of my "comeback" after such a long (more than a month) hiatus.

In many ways, I feel like a rapper from the 80's... I am spittin' knowledge but very few are listening because I'm not mainstream. (YET)

Cold Callin' is what I do
Dont call me
I call you... and something like that if I had any rappin skillzzz!

The whole idea here is that I enjoy connecting with people and sharing my experiences (and products/ services when appropriate) with people and finding out about their experiences (and critical issues when appropriate) and most of the time I do so over the phone. (unless I am emailing or IM'ing or meeting face to face or networking through Linkedin, Plaxo, Ning, Facebook and a host of others)

So tell me about your cold calling experiences (for or against or both) and let me know why you love it or hate it and how you feel the world might be a better place (the sales world that is) with or without it and why. (...always why, why, why)

"Thinking of a master plan
This aint nothin by sweat inside my hand
So I dig into my pocket all my money spent
So I dig deeper but still comin up with lent
So I start my mission..." -Rakim

Hi, this is Ed Williams with (fill in the blank)
Did I catch you at a good time?

No comments: